I think I can smell gas, what should I do?
Call the number 0800 111 999 and follow the procedure below.
In emergency gas situations:
- Open all your doors and windows for the gas to escape
- Ensure your gas appliances are switched off
- Ring the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
- Make sure you do not use any electrical switches such as lights, plugs or mobile phones
- Do not use any form of naked flame such as lighting a match or smoking
If you are concerned about any gas appliance releasing carbon monoxide fumes then please contact the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.Go back to help centre